1. Self-injury (cutting, burning)
2. Inadequate personal hygiene
3. Drug and alcohol abuse
4. Sexual promiscuity
5. Running away from home
6. Depression, anxiety
7. Suicide attempts or talk of attempting suicide
8. Fear of intimacy or closeness
9. Compulsive eating or dieting
Sometimes, you might be able to identify a child abuser. To find out about signs that might be present in a child abuser, read here.
For signs sometimes displayed by adults who have been abused, read here.
If you suspect a case of sexual abuse, please do not keep quiet but take action to stop it. Here is some information about how you can help.