How to Report an Acid Attacks


  1. Any case of acid attack can be reported at a police station. Under section 166 of IPC, a policeman refusing to take down the report will be imprisoned for upto 6 months and liable to pay a fine. You can also ask the help of an NGO dealing with acid attack victims to help you with the criminal procedings.
  2. You should take the victim to the hospital first, get her treatment started and only then go to file for an FIR.
  3. All victims are eligible to free legal counsel, under the Legal Services Authorities Act 1987 (Chapter IV, section 12) and Persons with Disabilities Act (Chapter I).

Here is information about the laws against acid attacks.

Also, you should know about the immediate medical aidshort term treatment, and long term treatment required for a victim of acid attack.